How to use Healthy Spices to Achieve New Year's Resolutions
Did you know that spices have many health benefits, including helping you control
blood sugar and improve your health?
Even by using a wide variety of spices instead of salt, you are taking steps
to improve your health.
Here are Seven Spices that can help you work on those New Year's Resolutions for a healthier you:
- Basil: Basil is thought to reduce blood sugar and is a flavorful spice to add to many recipes.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon may help regulate blood sugar, improve memory and prevent bacterial growth.
- Cayenne: Red pepper (hot pepper) is thought to prevent colds, improve circulation and help reduce arthritis pain.
- Ginger: This spice has been used for many years to help with nausea, morning sickness and indigestion.
- Peppermint: Peppermint may improve digestion and is also helpful for headaches. It is often used in massage creams that are beneficial for headaches.
- Rosemary: Rosemary has a wonderful scent and flavor and may also be good for improving circulation, getting rid of headaches and reducing inflammation.
- Turmeric: Among the potential health benefits of this spice are:
anti-inflammatory benefits, may help lower cholesterol and may help improve cold or flu symptoms.
There are many easy recipes that include spices so that you can easily add more flavor to your cooking while realizing a wide variety of health benefits. Keeping spices readily available will make it easier to add spice to your cooking and your life.
Home Page from January 2011 Resolutions Article