Seven Layer Nacho Dip
This recipe for a Layered Nacho Dip is perfect for parties especially to celebrate popular sporting events such as the Super Bowl.
It serves about 20 people and is a great party appetizer.Directions
A 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish or other type of dish or pan this size works best.
- One 16 ounce can of refried beans
- Package of taco seasoning mix
- One 6 ounce carton of avocado (Optional: This is usually found in frozen food section of the grocery store or in the fresh produce area.)
- One 8 ounce carton of sour cream
- One 6 ounce can of small pitted olives (buy chopped or chop yourself)
- Two large tomatoes (diced)
- One small onion (finely chopped)
- One 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies
- 1.5 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or other mixed shredded cheese based on your preference
1. Combine beans and seasoning and spread mixture as first layer in your dish.
2. Layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
3. Serve with corn chips or nacho chips.
Makes approximately eight cups and serves about 20 people.
: Did you know that avocados are a good source of fiber, potassium and many vitamins? Avocados are also very low in cholesterol and sodium. Consider adding them to this recipe (listed as optional) for a nutritional boost (either fresh or frozen.
For additional easy and delicious recipes, you can return to the main recipe page by clicking on this link